Wednesday, March 20, 2013

He is finally here!

 

Meet Levi Robert Walker! Born March 7, 2012 at 4:45pm. 8lbs 1oz, 20 inches long

Let's start at the beginning... When we found out we were having another baby it was very exciting! I was planning projects left and right whether it was a girl or a boy. When we found out it was a boy Sawyer was relieved, only because he is scared of all the emotions that come with girls, and I was happy either way. I still want a girl someday though! As the pregnancy went on, it seemed like our current place was getting smaller and smaller. I finally started looking for a bigger place at 8 months along and we moved (for the 3rd time in Redding) at 35 weeks pregnant! It was hard but we had lots of help from friends.

My doctor told me to take it easy at 34 weeks because I was already thinning. So of course in my head I was thinking I will probably go early. I told my mom to come a few days before my due date to be safe and was planning on an end of February boy. Well, my mom came and we went walking everyday, ate spicy food, pineapple and a few more things everyone kept suggesting for us. I went to my appointment on my due date very uncomfortable and a little sad. My doc said she wouldn't induce until 41 weeks and I said I couldn't wait that long and told her my mom was here from Texas. She had a little sympathy and said we could induce the next morning. To set my induction time I was to call the hospital at 5:30am and to my disappointment all the rooms were full and they denied me! Urge! I was so done! Well now I don't want to go into labor if the hospital is full so we took it easy that day. I woke up the next morning and called and they said come in around 8am! Yay finally!

Isaac was able to stay home and play with grams all day and I was happy that he was in good hands and I didn't have to worry about him.. Thanks mom! So I got all hooked up and started patocin by 8:30. Oh did I mention I was a 4 for a week before too so I really thought I wouldn't be induced. Anyway, I make good progress all day and I'm ready at a 10 by 3:00, but guess what...another delay. My doctor was busy and wanted to wait until the end of her work day so they took me off the medicine. Finally at 4:30 she comes in and I only push for 15 minutes!  I really don't think that my body knows how to go into labor by itself. Isaac was induced at 39 weeks because I was a 3 already at that time.

All in all it went very smooth and I loved my nurses! Sawyer was an amazing help and I couldn't have done it without him. He was very supportive and sympathetic.  We are very blessed to have a healthy new baby boy and a healthy happy mommy! I feel a lot better recovering this time around compared to Isaac. We are also blessed with amazing Grandmothers! My mom stayed here for a total of 10 days then my mother-in-law came for 4 days! I've had a few days alone now and I am now adjusting to being a mother of two and figuring out what I can and can't do with 2 kiddos.

 Coming home from hospital






 First couple of days at home. Isaac "lubs" his baby brother!

Aunt Kelsey made these CUTE shirts for the boys! Thanks Kelsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Redding, California, United States
We were married December 19, 2008 in the Bountiful Utah temple. We met at BYU-Idaho in a Business Writing class.